Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to permanently delete an OSX10.10.5 keychain item

I have trouble permanently deleting unwanted keychain items in OSX10.10.5. I usually select the item, right click and select "Delete...". I do this because as the "Help file" says : File > Delete Keychain (keychain name), but the name is always " Login" and not the selected keychain...? By right clicking it does go away but it reappears later on, the next day or whenever.

Besides that, I upgraded from OS10.5 and now there are all kinds of strange looking items such as " IDS: identity-rsa-privat-key" or "com.apple.ids: DeviceHBI"... I find that this clutters the thing up and, of course, I could just ignore them all as I doubt very much I would ever use any of them. Can I delete them permanently or are they going to pop up again as mentioned above?

Thanks for the help ...I may be missing something here?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 1:53 PM

Try running Keychain Access/First Aid and resetting the original keychain.

Keychain Reset

Keychain Issues - Resolve see post by Kappy

1 reply

unable to permanently delete an OSX10.10.5 keychain item

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.