Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reboot difficulties

my macbook pro has come up with a flashing folder with a question mark, ive you tubed how to rebbot my macbook pro, but it still doesnt work. when i click on disc utilities, macintosh hd does not show up. ive tried putting in my 8gb usb to download the o.s onto it but unfortunately i need an extra 4gb to continue the download until later this week, but i really need my laptop going for study. ive been trying to figure out ways for weeks. unfortunately there is no apple store in my location or near so i cant take it to a store. i dont have the disc or drive that came with it either, just the laptop and the charger. so im really doomed. whats the best way to go about this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 6:53 PM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2015 1:12 AM in response to NikeMinaj

That means that your internal disk failed.

What model MacBook?

What I would do would be to purchase a new disk place it in a USB enclosure and boot to Recovery and install OSX on that external disk and then install then replace your internal disk with that.

If you Mac has Internet Recovery. See:

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

The just install a new disk and boot to internet Recovery and install OSX.

reboot difficulties

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.