Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't siri beep on iOS 9

i got my husband to instal iOS 9.1 today and the first thing i had rouble with was Siri, she no longer beeped when i pressed the home button, Why not. Being vision impaired, i am unable to see the flashing lines across the bottom of the screen and the vibration that is supposedly there could just be me moving my fingers on the phone, has the same feeling. i found a post that says turn off vibrations in accessibility and this will make siri beep, this is fine as long as i don't need to turn the phones ringtone off and rely on vibration to notify me of a call or message. all these improvements to iOS each time are very good, but Apple really needs to take into account the needs of blind & vision impaired people, when ever they apply an update this should be one of the first things they get feedback on before it is released to the general pubic

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2015 6:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2015 6:59 PM in response to debbielen

OK, so if you turn off Vibration option in Settings>General>Accessibility>Vibration, then Siri will beep. But that will also turn off any other settings you have set up to Vibrate including emergency alerts. If you are using sounds for those things, then it will have no affect on what you are used to. I don't use Vibrate at all, so turning off Vibration in Settings>General>Accessibility just turned on the Siri beep for me.

From reading your post, I'm thinking that you rely on sound and not on vibration? If that is the case, then you can turn it off in the Accessibility menu, and your other functions will remain as they currently are now.

You can send feedback to Apple about your concerns here: Apple - Feedback

Best of luck,

GB

why doesn't siri beep on iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.