Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to keep certain photos not optimized when connect to iCloud

So my question has been with my iPhone iCloud photo storage. I turn the iCloud function on because I really want to see all the photos I took on iPhone automatically uploaded to iCloud, so I can view and edit them on Mac.

I also turn on optimize photo size function because I don't have much space for my iPhone.

The problem recently has been, all photos and videos I took on iPhone would automatically be optimized to a smaller size, and it will take quite a long time to download the original version back to my phone everytime I need it. Sometime I take videos/pictures for work purpose, and I do need them immediately available in full size whenever I want to show them to my colleagues. Now it turns out that I have to re-download some videos every time I want to show someone, and in a few days later re-download them again because they were automatically connected to iCloud and optimized again.

Is there a way to "lock" a few of them, and always keep them in the original form even if they were uploaded to iCloud? (I do still want the optimized option on since 80% of my other photos need to be optimized to save up space).

Thanks!

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 8:45 AM

No - it is an all or nothing option

suggest to apple - http://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

LN

2 replies

Is there a way to keep certain photos not optimized when connect to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.