Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no long open 'project' in iPhoto. Error box is saying I have unavailable resources. I have updated all software. What does this mean?

The photo book was started in January and is updated every month.
It is taking an age to download photos from the iCloud, and then a error box pops up saying 'The operation couldn't be completed. An unexpected error occurred opening this project. One or more needed resources are unavailable. Check that your system has available storage space and try again.'

In order to download new El Capitan software I needed to get rid of a lot of disk space so I deleted a lot of files and Applications.

I also updated iPhoto.

I hope someone can help. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 1:29 AM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2015 9:48 AM in response to kzcooper

In order to download new El Capitan software I needed to get rid of a lot of disk space so I deleted a lot of files and Applications.

El Capitan needs about 10 GB of free space available in order to download and install. If you don't have that much free space normally then you do need to do some urgent house cleaning.

It's strongly recommended to have a minimum of 10-15 GB of free space at all times to facilitate optimum system and application performance. More if possible.

User uploaded file

Nov 17, 2015 10:10 AM in response to kzcooper

How did you do that? Did you run any application to clean the Mac or run uninstallers?

One or more needed resources are unavailable. Check that your system has available storage space and try again.'

This looks like resources might have been removed, that are needed by iPhoto.

Can no long open 'project' in iPhoto. Error box is saying I have unavailable resources. I have updated all software. What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.