Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on boot screen after restore from backup.

Hi guys,

I'm stuck on a boot screen with Apple logo after I restore my iPhone from backup using iTunes. After I've chosen a backup version, I hit restore button, and after few minutes iTunes said "The iPhone will restart and after that it will sync with iTunes", after that iPhone restart, the screen come up with highest brightness and then lower to lowest brightness and freezing. So what should I do now? I don't want to update to iOS 9 or lose all backup data. Please helps me.

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, null

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 7:22 AM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2015 1:36 PM in response to leon_123

Hi, leon_123.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are not able to progress past the Apple logo after updating and restoring from your backup. I would recommend simply resetting the device to see if this progresses past this screen.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to restore the device using iTunes. After the restore you should be presented with the option of restoring from your iPhone backup again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond

Cheers

Nov 18, 2015 4:57 PM in response to jason269

Hi jason269,

I have done that step you recommend, but after the iPhone restart, it still stuck in the same screen. So you tell me to restore the device? But if I do that, iTunes will upgrade my iOS to latest version, which is not the best way for me, because I'm happy with iOS 8.1.

Any better idea or it's the only way? 😟

Stuck on boot screen after restore from backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.