Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

epub creating by ibooks authors on another readers

Hello, tell me plz, can i use my exported epub on another ebook readers some like gitden, i have a problem in that reader with html widgets and gallery, that i created in ibooks authors. Thanks for answer

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 8:58 AM

4 replies

Nov 18, 2015 5:43 AM in response to menim

menim wrote:

Hello, tell me plz, can i use my exported epub on another ebook readers some like gitden, i have a problem in that reader with html widgets and gallery, that i created in ibooks authors. Thanks for answer

Every epub reader has different capabilities. In theory your exported epub should be readable anywhere, but when you add special features like widgets then you just have to test it. You should ask on the forums or support for gitden whether modifications are needed.

Nov 18, 2015 6:58 AM in response to menim

menim wrote:

Thanks for quick response, okay but what with built-in functionality, some like gallery? it also doesn't work in another readers

Probably some modification of the code is needed for it to work with certain readers. I think the best place to try to find out about that is at the support site for the reader app.

You could also try using the epub export feature of the Pages app.

epub creating by ibooks authors on another readers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.