Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up 5 ipod touch machines on ONE Apple ID

Dear all,

I'm basically a trainer for doctors in General Practice. We have ordered 5 ipod touches (64Gb) to allow our five GP trainees to video record consultations to analyse and discuss later (with patient permission of course). We watch these through a projector.

But I want to do is to manage all five devices with just the one Apple ID log in. For example, if one was to get stolen, I would feel happy if I could log in and wipe the device clean of confidential information 'over the waves'.

So, is it possible to set up 5 ipods on one apple ID? If so, how?

Regards

Ram

iPod touch, iOS 9.1, Windows

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 12:23 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2015 12:37 PM in response to leeds6lad

You can have 10 devices (and up to 5 computers) associated with an Apple ID at one time.

View and remove associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

As for the best way to configure them all? You can try Apple Configurator. I use the older version to manage carts of iPads at the school I work at. Apple Configurator 2 looks much more user friendly but I haven't tried it yet.

The alternative is to set up each device individually. You could make a backup of one, then restore all of the other devices using the same backup. I believe that would carry the Apple ID over all devices as well.

Setting up 5 ipod touch machines on ONE Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.