Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro : no sound on speakers (but ok on headphones)

Hi,

I have since Friday my new iPad Pro wifi 128 Gb.

I have used a restoration from my iPad 3.

I have the speakers sound ok for videos (for example on youtube videos), but no speakers sound with games or apps or with the sound of the keyboard (activated) : but in these games/apps the sound is ok but ONLY on headphones... 😕

I have done a complete erase of datas and settings on the ipad pro, and do a restoration with my previous save of my iPad 3, but still the same speakers sound problem again. 😟

Do you have you any idea to solve this problem please ?

Many thanks in advance 😉

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 9:26 PM

There are two sets of sounds in iOS. One is for Music and the sound from videos and Siri. The other is system sounds. It seems all or most iPad Pros have a problem with the system sounds. Most games use a lot of system sounds. I have an iPad Pro and I have the same problem. It is a software problem with iOS 9.1. People who are using the 9.2 beta have said that this problem is resolved. So when the iOS 9.2 is released in the very near future, this problem should be corrected. You'll just have to wait for it to be released. It'll be released soon.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2015 9:26 PM in response to DplanetHD

There are two sets of sounds in iOS. One is for Music and the sound from videos and Siri. The other is system sounds. It seems all or most iPad Pros have a problem with the system sounds. Most games use a lot of system sounds. I have an iPad Pro and I have the same problem. It is a software problem with iOS 9.1. People who are using the 9.2 beta have said that this problem is resolved. So when the iOS 9.2 is released in the very near future, this problem should be corrected. You'll just have to wait for it to be released. It'll be released soon.

Nov 18, 2015 12:14 AM in response to Wanderoldies

Many thanks Wanderoldies ! 😎

In fact, 2 mn ago I have just find a solution to my sound speakers problem : it was in the Control Center that the soft button for the sound was in the "no sound" position. 😁

I have put this soft button in the "yes sound" position, and the sound in games/apps and the clic of the keyboard are now running ok with speakers sounds fine.🙂

My mystake was because I always used the hard switch button to cut speakers sound on my iPad 3, and never used the soft button for sound in the Control Center.😊

Many thanks again for your answer… 😉

iPad Pro : no sound on speakers (but ok on headphones)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.