Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accept/Deny prompt for Apple Remote Desktop Remote Control Session

In an enterprise environment it is SOX compliance for the user to be able to acknowledge and accept or deny a remote control session. I can not find a way via the Apple OS to accomplish this. While the binoculars do change when being viewed this does not fulfill compliancy.

Does anyone have any experience/suggestions? My Google-fu has failed me in finding any scripts, 3rd party solutions, etc.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 12:27 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2015 3:39 PM in response to jiwald

It's not really possible via Apple Remote Desktop which is designed to be a management tool. The Screen Sharing app can do it. A request is sent for two cases. The first is if the viewer requests as a guest user, and the second is if the request is sent using the user's Apple ID. If you open /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications/Screen\ Sharing.app and type in a user's Apple ID, that user receives a notification.

Accept/Deny prompt for Apple Remote Desktop Remote Control Session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.