Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message when pairing Horipad Ultimate MFI controller with Apple tv 4

I am trying to pair my Horipad Ultimate mfi controller with the new 4th generation Apple TV. The controller shows up in the Bluetooth add device menu, but I keep getting an error message asking to make sure it is turned on and in range. It is. I was able to pair with my iPhone 6 plus with no trouble. Anybody else running into this problem?

Apple TV, tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 1:25 PM

6 replies

Nov 17, 2015 1:52 PM in response to proftre

Understood. However, development and support for 3rd party periperials and apps is provided by the 3rd party rather than Apple. While the nimbus is the one promoted by Apple during launch of ATV its a widely used technology (mfi) so it would not surprise me to see more become available. But it's still not an Apple product...

Nov 25, 2015 3:20 PM in response to proftre

From what I've experienced I think there is a big issue with pairing on the new apple tv. Technically, the apple information just says it has to be a mfi controller that can work with IOS, so I bought a steelseries free, which pairs with my phone fine, however it doesn't even show up on the apple TV's bluetooth pairing. Either their infrastructure is locked to the 2 controllers they are offering, or something else is wrong. I don't think it's an issue with the 3rd party device, i think it's with the Apple TV.

Error message when pairing Horipad Ultimate MFI controller with Apple tv 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.