Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstalling iPhoto

I have been having problems with iPhoto over the last few months (slowing the system down and not responding when trying to view, edit or print) and so have finally decided to get rid of it! I have just migrated all my photos over to 'Photos' and uninstalled iPhoto. It seems however that there are many files left over (thanks to Apple User Old Toad who told me about 'Find any File', I have found 373 files relating to iPhoto!!) and I'm not sure whether its ok to delete them all or not.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Katy

Apple Hardware query

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 2:04 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2015 3:08 PM in response to ksfurby

All you need to do to remove iPhoto from your hard drive is to delete the iPhoto.app application and the iPhoto Library. Just those two files. Two other items that can be deleted are the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file that is in your Home/User/Library/Preferences folder and the com.apple.iPhoto folder that is located in your User/Home/Library/Containers folder.

Only those four underlined items need to be deleted. Don't delete any other files.

However, the problem probably was do to a messed up library and not the iPhoto app. .

User uploaded file

Uninstalling iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.