Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBOOK AUTHOR

I create a book but I would like to change pages from one chapter to another but it is not working or I do not know how to do it.

Please let me know.

I appreciate your assistance

Maria

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 10:32 PM

Maria, I just met a girl named Maria. And suddenly ...

Well you just stumbled upon what i believe is the worst feature of iba. i wish they could fix it. perhaps it can't be fixed. i sure wish the pages of iba could be moved around as easily as the slides of keynote. i haven't used the software package pages enough and/or recently to know if it has the same deficiency. i think possibly it has something to do with the flow of text, but am not sure.

you cannot select a page and drag it around to another chapter. i think the best you will be able to do is insert a new page, copy the original page, paste it into the newly created page and then delete the original page. that would be the general procedure but you might have to build around it depending on your text flow.

i hope i have figured out correctly your issue and that i have given you enough information from my weak experience with text flow. my books are graphical in nature and i don't have text flow from one page to another, but i am very familiar with the fact that you can't just move pages around with drag and drop.

tony wannabe

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2015 10:32 PM in response to MariafromUSA

Maria, I just met a girl named Maria. And suddenly ...

Well you just stumbled upon what i believe is the worst feature of iba. i wish they could fix it. perhaps it can't be fixed. i sure wish the pages of iba could be moved around as easily as the slides of keynote. i haven't used the software package pages enough and/or recently to know if it has the same deficiency. i think possibly it has something to do with the flow of text, but am not sure.

you cannot select a page and drag it around to another chapter. i think the best you will be able to do is insert a new page, copy the original page, paste it into the newly created page and then delete the original page. that would be the general procedure but you might have to build around it depending on your text flow.

i hope i have figured out correctly your issue and that i have given you enough information from my weak experience with text flow. my books are graphical in nature and i don't have text flow from one page to another, but i am very familiar with the fact that you can't just move pages around with drag and drop.

tony wannabe

Nov 23, 2015 6:29 PM in response to ckuan

maria's question says that she wants to move pages from one chapter to another.

the documentation that you reference clearly states that: Important: You can’t drag individual pages to reorder them.

so I am not sure why you say this.

Experience with the product shows it to be true also. It's been that way at least for the last four years. I haven't tried the very newest release of iba, and i would be surprised if this has changed and if i had the time, i would look up the latest documentation, download the software and try it out.

In the immortal words of Irving Berlin, no you can't.

iBOOK AUTHOR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.