Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell 4K UP2414Q and Mac Pro

I am using two Dell Ultra Sharp HD Monitors UP2414Q with my Mac Pro (late 2013) single processor quad core running el cap 10.11.1 with AMD vFirePro D300. The have been working seamlessly with Yosemite since plug and play install in April. Last week the Pro began getting hung ip upon boot up after 1/3 of the progress bar filled under the apple logo. The next thing seen was the generic arrow in the Right upper corner of the L monitor. The R monitor never initialized. They are connected via thunderbolt (mini Display Port) to display port. The only thing that will rescue is a hard reset with power button. I can also make it work by using HDMI out on Pro to HDMI in on Display. No crash then. However, I can only use one Display. I have tried Thunderbolt cable to mini display port input on Monitor, I have tried mini display to HDMI on monitor. Any of these hangs the boot up.

Can anyone suggest a diagnostic step or possible fix? Thanks....

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 8:38 PM

7 replies

Nov 18, 2015 8:43 AM in response to frankfacchini

Have you verified that both monitors are okay? Meaning obviously, that if you try running with one or the other by itself, you are fine? Also, have you tried all of the ports on the back of the Mac Pro?

I have this exact same configuration (with the exception that I am running El Cap) and have not experienced this. I still experience intermittent problems waking the monitors up from sleep, but I've had that since day 1.

FWIW, I am no longer using the cables that came with the monitors, I switched to another brand (link) mostly just out of curiosity. These cables did change the waking up behavior slightly, but to be honest, it might just be a placebo. The problem still occurs.

Dell 4K UP2414Q and Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.