Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm running OS X 10.7.5 with FCP 7.0.3 will my version of Final Cut operate if i upgrade to Mac OS X 10.8.5

I just want to know if FCP 7.0.3 will operate properly if i upgrade to Mountain Lion or Mavericks or Yosemite??

or will I lose or crash?

I just got new iPhone 6s+ and i need to upgrade iTunes and need Mac OS 10.8.5 to restore iPhone

Ive been putting off upgrading because i like editing on FCP 7.0.3

it feels like home

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 10:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2015 9:21 AM in response to DESfromhollister

I have tested FCP 7 on 10.8 through 10.10 and it has worked without issues. However, Motion 4 and Qmaster Preference Pane have been broken for at least the most recent two OS versions.That said, I have a 10.6.,4 system that is maintained primarily for FCS and some other third part software and I have no plans to change that set up. If you're happy with FCP on 10.7.5, and you want to retain features like send to Motion, consider partitioning your existing system drive or new drive, install the newer OS on it and run a dual boot system.

Russ

I'm running OS X 10.7.5 with FCP 7.0.3 will my version of Final Cut operate if i upgrade to Mac OS X 10.8.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.