Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you put a grid overlay on photos?

You used to be able to put a grid overlay on photos in iPhoto but now I can't figure out how you do it. If you click on it while editing a grid appears but only for a few seconds, I need it to stay for longer.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2015 8:59 PM

In crop mode when I click on a side or corner and move it to crop that grid appears - it does not stay and as far as I know there is no way to turn it on or off or to extend the time it remains - you can suggest to Apple - http://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

LN

5 replies

Nov 17, 2015 8:50 PM in response to LarryHN

The grid is similar to what you'd find on a digital camera for framing and working with the rule of thirds. For this though I want it so I can draw the image using a grid.

I can't remember exactly how I did it in iPhoto but in Photos when you select an image then Edit, select crop and when you click on the image a grid appears for a few seconds. I've attached images of this before and after clicking to help explain it. I hope it helps

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

How do you put a grid overlay on photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.