Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBPro 15": wifi not persistent

Hi.

I apologize for my ppor English. I hope I'll be clear.

I have a MB Pro 15" 2015 with a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.94.29.1a4) wifi chipset. The MBP is connected via a TP-link repeater as the main wifi/router is far. When I connect to the net it starts fine but in a few minutes performance degrade progressively to an inexistant connection. The only way to restablish the connection is reboot the MBP. I can't work in this way, as you can immagine.

TCP/IP ha been used bot as DHCP or manual config. DNS have tested insertin the main router's IP address or with others (e.g.: Google's).

Encryption has been set both to nothing and to WPA2/AES.

All preferences files in HD->Librery->Prefrences->System, Configuration have been deleted and all connections recreated.

SMC has been reset twice.

PRAM rest has been done a few tims.

Nothing changes.

But with a 13" / 2012 everything works fine.

Should i think the chipset is faulted?

TIA for any help.

Simon

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), MacBook Pro 2015 15"

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 3:48 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2015 9:56 AM in response to majortom1967

Hello there, MajorTom1967.

It sounds like you're having issues with your connectivity to WiFi with your MacBook Pro. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information in regards to troubleshooting:

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

Internet connection and troubleshooting

Learn about common ways to connect to the Internet. The DNS issues section below applies to all three types.

Ethernet connection from cable modem, DSL, or LAN

These articles explain how to connect to the Internet or troubleshoot your service if you have a cable modem, digital subscriber line (DSL), or a local area network (LAN). You use your computer's Ethernet port or an AirPort base station to connect to these services.

Wi-Fi (wireless) connection

Learn about setting up, using, and troubleshooting a Wi-Fi Internet connection in these articles:

PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)

Use these articles if your cable or DSL Internet service provider requires you to connect to the Internet using PPPoE.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

MBPro 15": wifi not persistent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.