Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't change my RSS feed for redirect - how similar can my new name be?

My current podcast host can't/won't add redirect to new RSS. I want to add new podcast with similar name to direct current subscribers to before deleting the current one. I wanted to check how similar the name can be or if there is a different option.

iTunes Podcast

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 10:26 AM

Before you try re-submitting you could ask Support to move the Store to the new feed. For this you need the new feed to have the same title, and make sure it's working properly before proceeding.

Then go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Change feed URL' and proceed from there.

Note that this will not redirect your subscribers - only the 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag can do that. Once you've got the new feed in place you could add an episode to the old feed announcing the change so that subscribers can re-subscribe.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2015 10:26 AM in response to More Fuzzy Logic

Before you try re-submitting you could ask Support to move the Store to the new feed. For this you need the new feed to have the same title, and make sure it's working properly before proceeding.

Then go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Change feed URL' and proceed from there.

Note that this will not redirect your subscribers - only the 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag can do that. Once you've got the new feed in place you could add an episode to the old feed announcing the change so that subscribers can re-subscribe.

Nov 18, 2015 11:24 AM in response to More Fuzzy Logic

That is a very lame answer on their part. Any system designed to not let users leave is at best negligent.

Best thing to do is first move to your new host.

Once your files are imported over - ask Apple to manually change your feed.

Then once that is done - release a new episode on your old feed letting those listeners know they need to "delete" your show from iTunes and the podcasts app - and then re-subscribe. Also make sure to warn them to never use that service for hosting.

I can't change my RSS feed for redirect - how similar can my new name be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.