Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download apps

The app store showed 5 apps to download. No matter how many times I tried and waited they wouldn't download. Eventually I got Evernote to download and re-started the app but when I go to launch pad the icon shows it still as installing (nevertheless its working...)

The other apps - pages, number, keynote and keynote templates still wouldn't download. So I tried deleting them but the app store app doesn't "see" that they are gone and the icons on the launchpad show "waiting" despite having no name.

How can I get these apps to download?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 4:50 AM

24 replies

Nov 22, 2015 1:14 PM in response to zalamander1

yup man still the same issue, nothing helps.... nothing has solved the issue.... i did one thing from another thread where a guy was a linux user and he had u put some stuff into terminal that basically reboots all ur accounts on ur computer but ur login, and it helped itunes, so now that works, but app store is still not allowing me to download any updates, still the circle spinning, and then i have to force quit app store.... IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WORKS??

Nov 25, 2015 11:46 AM in response to zalamander1

I'm having the same issue. Trying to update an app, and I'm just getting the spinning gray gear in the left hand corner. When I check for updates, the store says "No updates available", but right on the front page, it shows me there is an update for Aurora HDR. When I click "Update", nothing - just the spinning gear. Activity viewer shows no data sent or received.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 25, 2015 12:56 PM in response to realtwang

why can't someone at apple just post a solution? I had already called them a few weeks ago to solve a different problem - honestly - I am just too busy to mess about with these things - if my pages, numbers and keynote don't work then I guess I'll have to use office or google docs... I just can't be bothered....

Apple's motto used to be "it just works" I am increasingly finding that now a days - too many things from Cupertino just don't really work any more (iOS on my iPhone 6s is a fiasco!! Over the past month I have had to enter my iCloud password more times that all my other passwords in my entire lifetime of using IT!!).

Apple OS X and iOS are slowly turning into modern day window's. 8 years ago I switched over to Apple because I got fed up dealing with all the S*%$ from MS. Apple was a relief - I never had to worry about anything any more.

Now all I seem to do is (unsuccessfully) scour the web and these forums to try to figure out how to solve problems with my mpb, iPhone and ATV.

sorry for the rant...

can't download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.