Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a network printer

I have managed to add a network printer - in this case the Ricoh Aficio MP 8001 PS - using the LDP Protocol (IPP was not working, I was getting an error) using a ethernet connection (not wireless). And the good news is that it is indeed connected. When I print, the printer responds. HOWEVER, what is coming out is gibberish on tons of paper. Help? What am I missing? I am running El Capitan but the network in the building is an Microsoft Exchange based system (if that matters)

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 11:03 AM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2015 11:36 AM in response to david alex

>System Preferences...>Printers & Scanners

right click your printer

choose "Reset Printing System" (THIS WILL ERASE ALL PRINTERS FROM THE LIST, BUT NOT ANY SOFTWARE)

press the "+" to add the printer back

choose IP

make sure the printer is connected, powered and is on the network as your mac (e.g. if you mac is 192.168.1.115 (or any number between 2 and 254], then your printer needs to be on 192.168.1.[any number between 2-254, but the first 3 need to match)

type the IP Address of the printer.

if you installed the Ricoh PS printer app the driver should appear without you doing anything.

if not under the Use: dropdown select your printer from the list from "select software"

User uploaded file

Adding a network printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.