Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues with spinning cursor when trying to retrieve my emails

I signed on to my email account and as I'm trying to open email, I'm getting reverted back to the "You've Got Mail" (AOL) over and over as the spinning cursor is never wanting to stop. Hope this makes sense to someone. I have an old PowerBook G4.

Thankyou!

PowerBook, Processor name - PowerPC G4 (1.5)

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 5:32 AM

Have you been able to retrieve mail recently on this computer and this just started, or has the computer been stored a while and, on putting it back in service, the problem started?

According to the AOL system requirements, the old version of Safari that runs on PowerBooks only supports the "basic" mail formet. Can you see an option to change to basic mail?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2015 5:32 AM in response to SalMac1127

Have you been able to retrieve mail recently on this computer and this just started, or has the computer been stored a while and, on putting it back in service, the problem started?

According to the AOL system requirements, the old version of Safari that runs on PowerBooks only supports the "basic" mail formet. Can you see an option to change to basic mail?

Nov 19, 2015 12:18 PM in response to SalMac1127

Howdy Sal

I run a Powerbook Pismo PPC 10.4.11 and am VERY happy with TenFourFox: A fork of Mozilla Firefox ESR [current version] for the Power Macintosh and Mac OS X Tiger PowerPC

I don't use AOL, but YahooMail and Gmail are just a little slow in their robust non-classic versions (no BBoD).

I haven't opened Safari in months (and then only to test stuff)

give it a try = nothing to lose

ÇÇÇ

Having issues with spinning cursor when trying to retrieve my emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.