Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Submit Podcast - Cover Art Issue

Hi everybody.

We have a very peculiar issue with one of our podcasts. It used to be on itunes with the feed:http://updocmedia.com/iTunes-feed/?category=business-baseball-bourbon

But it seems, after we added the new-feed tag and started using feedburner, the feed just disappeared from itunes.

Then, we wanted to resubmit it using the feedburner url:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/businessbaseballbourbon

But now, we get an error that says:

Cover art must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests.

The image is exactly 1400x1400px and it has been used for itunes before...Nick

What's going on?

Thanks!

Podcasts-OTHER

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 2:58 PM

I'm afraid I can't make much sense of this. The 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag in the original feed is in the wrong place - it should be after the 'channel' tag - but it did work and attempting to subscribe in iTunes to that feed redirects to the Feedburner feed, as it should. Doing this should not have resulted in the removal of the podcast from the Store, and I have no idea why this has happened. The image appears to be OK and meets all parameters.

I should try getting Support to reinstate the original feed. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Re-activate feed' and proceed from there. Give them the Store page URL of this feed when it was in the Store (it was in the acceptance email you received when you originally submitted it) and the URL of the original feed.

If they do reinstate this, then the redirection tag will redirect the Store and any subscribers to the Feedburner feed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2015 2:58 PM in response to NickSpecter

I'm afraid I can't make much sense of this. The 'itunes:new-feed-url' tag in the original feed is in the wrong place - it should be after the 'channel' tag - but it did work and attempting to subscribe in iTunes to that feed redirects to the Feedburner feed, as it should. Doing this should not have resulted in the removal of the podcast from the Store, and I have no idea why this has happened. The image appears to be OK and meets all parameters.

I should try getting Support to reinstate the original feed. Go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Re-activate feed' and proceed from there. Give them the Store page URL of this feed when it was in the Store (it was in the acceptance email you received when you originally submitted it) and the URL of the original feed.

If they do reinstate this, then the redirection tag will redirect the Store and any subscribers to the Feedburner feed.

Nov 20, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

It occurred to me to take another look at the feed and I think I've found a possible reason why it was removed from the Store. The overall 'itunes:summary' and 'itunes:subtitle' tags for the overall podcast, and the 'itunes:summary' tags for the episodes contain strong language, albeit disguised by the use of asterisks.

You are not allowed strong language in descriptions, titles or subtitles even when your podcast is flagged as 'explicit', because people can see these immediately whereas they can avoid the actual contents if warned. It looks as if even asterisked versions may not be acceptable either, though I can't say for certain - it is quite obvious what the words are. I suggest you remove them before proceeding.

Can't Submit Podcast - Cover Art Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.