Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iPad Pro 128 Gig Units have Yellow tinted screens

So, I bought my wife a 32 gig model, which I thought had a great screen,,,so I went out and bought the 128GIG model

for myself,because the 32 gig model was too small for my needs..lo and behold, I bring it home and compare the screens

and the 128GB models are definitely being manufactured by a different company. My guess is the 32 gb model screens are

being manufactured by Samsung..and the 128 gb are made by LG. I tried to go thru 3 more units and all the 128GB are showing

warmer yellowed screens all of them..and if you think I'm kidding..bring your 128 gb unit into an apple store and compare it to their

demo units...all their demo units are 32 gb by the way...and all are at maximum brightness. For me I can easily see the differences in the grey

areas and most pronounced on the whites. The image below, the top one is the 32GB unit and the one below is the 128GB unit. The camera and lighting

isn't showing it as well as it should, but you can see the yellowing as shown in the bottom image. If you have the same problem please post it here and lets

get apple to rectify this...it would be a shame if they refuse as they have done in the past with yellowing macbook pro's, and iPad airs to not fix this problem

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 12:31 PM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2015 1:45 PM in response to MichelPM

MichelPM,

If you dont have another unit to compare it to it will probably by itself look white. Mine is the gold version, so I dont know if its just the gold manufactured ones..but there is definitely a difference if you take yours into an apple store and compare it to the 32gb units they have you will see a difference..I just made a video to compare the two. The 32gb gold unit on the left is my wifes. Mine is the 128gb gold unit on the right. There is a noticable difference and if you watch the video you'll see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE8t11Gk1jU

Nov 18, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Briansyddall

Actually I have until Jan 9th to return it, as the holiday sale extends it. I know what my options are, but the whole point of posting this thread is to let others know there is an issue. To let apple know they have a quality control issue and hopefully this will get rectified in a future release of this...prob 6 months down the line they'll fix it or make the screens from the same place. Either way, I will be returning it, but wanted to share with others who are thinking of buying the 128GB units...its a lot of money to have a faulty screen is my point.

Dec 1, 2015 4:52 PM in response to abacus01

All the 128GB+LTE are like that. It's a different screen manufacture they use, to cut cost because they make less profit on the 128GB+LTE. I just returned mine today for a full refund after checking 3 identical Pro's. They were ALL exactly the same! It's a different screen and there will be nothing you can do until apple decides to do the right thing! I bumped into a professional graphic design artist at the apple store while I was there today who was considering purchasing the iPad Pro. When he saw mine and heard my story, he was completely baffled with apples quality control and walked out of the store. He's waiting for the iPad Pro 2, when hopefully they'll get it right. I'm personally VERY disappointed with apple too. This is not a way to treat the customers who decides to buy the top fully loaded iPad Pro version. See the screens aren't faulty, they're simply just cheaper and lower quality and this was done on purpose and THAT is what I have such a hard time dealing with, cause I've always been a HUGE apple fan. I don't get it... apple use to mean unsurpassed quality and build for the professional, but now it seems like they're cutting corners and punishing their loyal fans to cater more to the mainstream crowd who may not ever know the difference.

The 64GB and 32GB look AMAZING, only the 128GB+LTE have these issues. And it's ALL of them! This is not a matter of if "I'm happy" or not, it's simply just wrong! White is white, there is no discussion to be had here. The screens have to be equal and identical across all models and they're not.... End of story.

Also, unless you have compared the two iPads, you can't comment cause you don't actually know what we're talking about. The difference is easy to spot and comparing the two in the apple store if a good idea. I asked other customers and they all noticed it. Brightness is way off too btw. Much dimmer than the other 2 versions.

Apple iPad Pro 128 Gig Units have Yellow tinted screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.