Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I email a photo album

How do I email a photo album ?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), Os El capitan

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 3:53 PM

6 replies

Nov 18, 2015 4:07 PM in response to Belleriana

Albums are too large to email usually so you share via iCloud Photo Sharing. In the Album, Select the photos you want to share or there is a "select all" option. Then you select the share icon at the bottom left of the screen, then Photo Sharing, Select Shared Album from the bottom and select an existing Shared Album to add to or New Shared Album. If New, you name it and add people you want to view the Shared Album.

This shared album is independent from your original Album. Meaning changes to photos in the Album will not automatically be uploaded to the shared Album. Also, shared Album photos cannot be edited. They much be edited from the main Album and if desired reloaded to the Shared Album.

Nov 21, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Belleriana

Most email services have a rather low limit for total size. For instance, GMail limits file sizes to 25MB. Each 8 megapixel photo will be about 4MB so you would be limited to email about 6 at a time give or take, whether they be the actual photos or movie. Adding the movie wrapper would actually increase size so you might get fewer photos in one of those. Linking to a cloud service like iCloud or a service like Instagram or YouTube is how most all of us provide large amounts of data to others.

how do I email a photo album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.