Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe Flash can't detect iMac FaceTime Camera since El Cap upgrade

After upgrading my iMac (Late 2012 model) to El Capitan, Adobe Flash no longer recognizes -- or can even find -- the FaceTime Camera. Typically in the dropdown list below the FaceTime Camera would be selectable. However that picklist is now empty:

User uploaded file

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash, but no luck.

Is there a known fix to resolve this?

Thank you!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 6:55 PM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2017 1:47 AM in response to mattytreks

I spent nearly 24 hours trying to get my Facetime HD camera to work on my 27" imac....... it used to work OK

I did all the suggestions, including reloading El Capitan from Apple, then from Time Machine.....

Then I found this...

worked a treat, I now have my camera back.

Only downside, 24 hours wasted, including updating last 3 days Spreadsheets, then for some reason having to format all my TM's to do a full backup.... 5 times !!!

Anyway..... here is the solution, that worked for me when all else failed !!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hhjaojucvsfsu9/iSightConfigure.app.zip

Nov 20, 2015 11:42 AM in response to mattytreks

Check here to see if you are using the latest Adobe Flash?

If not, download and install it from here.

Then check to be certain that Flash Player is configured as discussed in this link.

(Disk Utility permissions repair is no longer applicable for OS X 10.11 and later.)

If nothing above resolves your issue, one of these will fix your camera problem:

(1) If restarting your Mac doesn't fix the problem,

(2) use Apple's http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090.

(BTW - The Troubleshooting article calls the camera an "iSight". However, after the article was published, Apple has changed the built-in camera's name on newer Macs from "iSight" to "FaceTime" and then to "FaceTime HD." Regardless of the name of your built-in camera, the same info and troubleshooting applies.)

Be sure to test more than one Apple app (Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, QuickTime Player, etc.) in more than one user account. Do NOT use the "Guest" account for this test. If you do not have more than one user account for the testing, create a new one now. If you need help, how to do it is explained in http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201754.

A "Standard" user account is all you need for testing.

(3) If your cam won't work properly even with Apple apps, use OS X Recovery to completely reinstall your Mac OS from the Recovery System stored on your startup drive. Don't bother testing Skype or other third-party apps until you have your camera working with Apple apps.

(4) If none of the above suggestions resolve your trouble, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider to have your Mac professionally serviced. Be sure to backup your Mac and deauthorize iTunes before tendering it for service.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

Adobe Flash can't detect iMac FaceTime Camera since El Cap upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.