Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unstable internet access With double AirPort Extreme

I Have two AirPort Extreme as one network with one SISID. Every minute the connection to the Internet is falling out for some seconds. I have reinstalled the two airports over and over again, but the problem is still appearing. What can I do to solve this? The first one is conected in brige mode to my router. The other one is installed as expansion. What could be wrong?

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 12:19 AM

What model Extremes??

The first one connected to the router is in bridge mode.. that is correct.. and is create a wireless network.. that also is correct..

The Expansion.. is it plugged in by ethernet or setup as wireless repeater.. what apple call extend wireless??

If it is plugged in by ethernet you must create a wireless network of the same SSID.. you must not extend when you connect by ethernet.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2015 12:19 AM in response to gefbero

What model Extremes??

The first one connected to the router is in bridge mode.. that is correct.. and is create a wireless network.. that also is correct..

The Expansion.. is it plugged in by ethernet or setup as wireless repeater.. what apple call extend wireless??

If it is plugged in by ethernet you must create a wireless network of the same SSID.. you must not extend when you connect by ethernet.

Nov 23, 2015 3:41 AM in response to gefbero

Please start with just one Extreme.. unplug the other.

Does the dropout issue still occur.. this is crucial.

What is the modem router?? Please tell me exactly how it is wired and if it is plugged in to WAN port of the AE and the AE is bridged.

If that is the case move the connection from WAN port to LAN port.. it might work better..

If the setup with one Extreme is stable.. then the fault is the connection between the two AE.. I need the full info from your airport utility with screenshots of the setup.

Unstable internet access With double AirPort Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.