Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried following the instruction on how to restore my iPhone without passcode using reocvery mode but "Unknown error occured (0xE8000084)" prompts and discontinue the process. Please help. Thank you.

May i seek assistance please on how to unlock my iPhone as the passcode is no longer accepted. I tried following the procedure using recovery mode as i was not yet able to sync it with icloud or iTunes but when the message "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is locked with a passcode......." appears then i clicked Try Again and press power button and home button at the same time while cable is connected to the unit and computer. An error prompts "Unknown error occured (0xE8000084)" then stops the process and phone was not restored and went back to the same problem that i cannot open it. Hope someone can assist me on this please. Thank you very much in advance.

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 10:36 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2015 8:57 AM in response to MirMax

Hey MirMax,
Sorry to hear about your issues with restoring your iPhone. Let's see if we can get it sorted out.
You can try restarting your computer along with making sure that it is up to date. If it still happens, you will want to stop the Apple Services that are running in the background and restart your computer to try the restore again. For the specific steps, take a look at the article below.
iOS: Unknown error containing ‘0xE‘ when connecting to a Windows PC
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203355

Take it easy

I tried following the instruction on how to restore my iPhone without passcode using reocvery mode but "Unknown error occured (0xE8000084)" prompts and discontinue the process. Please help. Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.