Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conflicting Country Code Error on Wi-Fi

Hi I am using a mid 2012 model Macbook Pro bought in 2014. Basic machine details are as under:

User uploaded file

I have been connecting to Wi-Fi at my Home & Office effortlessly since I got the machine. However recently I had to format and reload OS and Software as the machine became dreadfully slow and I was tired of seeing the rainbow. I simply performed a erase of the HDD and reload of the OS and then manually installed all software. It did not help much in improving the speed but I got myself a new problem - inconsistent Wi-Fi connectivity. The machine refuses to connect to my Home Wi-Fi and is being on/off kind at office. Below is the screenshot I get at home using Wireless Diagnostic Tool.

User uploaded file

I am in India, my Router country is set to India and my Mac Region is also set to India. And as far as the Wi-Fi range is concerned the issue s the same even if I sit beside the Router with this Laptop of mine. Also the wi-fi was working on OSX El Capitan even after upgrading to ver 10.11.1

Can anyone provide any pointers to help me out of this. My Mac expertise is novice.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 18, 2015 9:28 PM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2015 8:22 AM in response to iTathagata

Hi iTathagata,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Mac. The Conflicting Country Codes notice can indicate that there is conflicting country information being broadcast by one of the WiFi networks in your local area, not necessarily just the one you are connected to. To see all visible local networks and what country code they are broadcasting (if any), you may want to try using the Scan function of Wireless Diagnostic and look under the Country column, as noted in the following article:

Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac - Apple Support

You may also want to try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC), especially if all the local networks end up showing the correct Country Code:

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Also, is the Country Code error the only thing that comes up in Wireless Diagnostics, or does it note any other issues with your WiFi connection?

Regards

Conflicting Country Code Error on Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.