Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Late 2012 doesn't start

Hi guys,

i just added a new SSD Crucial MX200-250gb to my mac mini late 2012.

I didn't use fusion drive but loadedOSX on SSD and moving my data on HDD.

After this upgrade my mac mini doesn't start any more at first time a press power button.

When i restart the mini by software option or press power button (after a shutdown) within few minute the mini start ok but if more than few minute pass then a shutdown it can't start up anymore.

The light is on after pushing power button but no sound i can hear and the only option is to force shutdown long pressing power button (8 seconds more or less), after this pressing again power button the mini start normally.

This happens after installing the second drive (SSD drive).

I just asked to Apple support before my apple care time expired but no one solved my matter.

They said me to reset power circuit and i did it many times but the matter is no solved.

Has someone the same trouble ?

Someone can help me ?

kind regards,

marco

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 1:37 AM

15 replies

Nov 20, 2015 12:36 AM in response to lllaass

Because i have another mac mini late 2012 i just tried to move SSD from one to other and when i set SSD in one of them it begin to don't start at first pressing of power button. So the only procedure to turn on the mini (that has SSD installed as second drive) is to press one time power button (light is on but nothing more) then long pressing power button to turn it off and then immediately press again power button so the mini start normally.

Do you know if CRUCIAL MX200 has some incompatibility ?

Before of this SSD i had one SSD Corsair FORCE 128gb and no matter appended...

Nov 20, 2015 9:06 AM in response to lllaass

"and no matter appended"means that using previous SSD (Corsair FORCE 128GB later upgraded with new one CRUCIAL SSD 256GB) the mini start fine.

The new SSD is located in higher bay because i added it to the mac mini hdd but i tried both bay (always with 2 disk) and not solved the matter.

boh i don't know what thinking more... thanks anyway

marco

Mac Mini Late 2012 doesn't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.