Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when atv4 wakes up from sleep.

After Apple TV 4 goes to sleep it consistently comes back on with no sound. A restart fixes the issue, but I'm getting really annoyed by having to restart all the time. Apple TV 2 had the same issue but happens maybe 4 times in 3yrs, not everytime like my brand new one.

Apple TV (4th generation), iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 6:22 AM

11 replies

Feb 14, 2016 6:57 PM in response to Laxmate

I have the same issue. My problem occurs when I turn off my TV and AV receiver with a Harmony remote. That sequence does not power off Apple TV4 - I never programmed it to be turned off because I need it to stay on as the HomeKit relay for my HomeKit compatible devices to be controlled when I'm outside my network.

When I turn on my TV and AV receiver with the Harmony remote, in about 80% of cases, there's no sound coming from Apple TV. Initially, I was rebooting my Apple TV to restore sound, but then, I realized that I can just put it to sleep with the Apple TV4 remote and then wake it up. After it wakes up, the sound is restored.

This is an annoying bug, which Apple still hasn't fixed.

No sound when atv4 wakes up from sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.