Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two monitors

Can I connect two monitors to the Macbook? I have a USB-C to HDMI and USB-2 Apple adapter.

I imagine one of the following solutions:

- One screen connected via HDMI; the other connected via USB-2 with an additional USB to DVI or HDMI adapter.

- HDMI to HDMI splitter that allows one entry signal to two HDMI output signals. Connect each output signal to one monitor. But would this allow to use the desktop in extended mode (two different displays)?

I would use this setup with the Macbook lid closed; so the Macbook does only need to drive two screens in total (not three).

It would be OK, if I only get up to 1920x1080 resolutions on both screens.

Did anybody already try this? I am interested in hearing success but also failure stories.

Thanks in advance

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 4:04 AM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2015 12:49 PM in response to dexter-russel

Hello dexter-russel,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Connecting two displays to your MacBook should be possible. I add the "possible" qualifier as you didn't say exactly what model/specification of MacBook you have. That said, the following article should provide answers to most of your questions about what is needed and how to go about it.

OS X Yosemite: Connect multiple displays to your Mac

Regards

two monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.