Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous Loop in mail.app

I have an old macbook with El Capitan OS installed. Problem with mail.app. Trying to forward a message from 11/15/15 to another email. I added the TO and hit send. The message did NOT go and now there is a continuous loop with the email and I cannot get rid of the loop. I cannot access any other messages. My internet provider is Verizon.

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2015 4:24 PM

Quit Mail & disconnect from the Internet before launching it again, then see if you can find it in the outbox.

5 replies

Nov 22, 2015 4:36 PM in response to loracl

I quit mail and shut down my macbook. when I logged back in it was still looping. (Don't know if this is what you suggested). I then quit mail and I think I closed all my internet accounts?? I kept closing mail and shutting down my macbook. It still kept looping. I stopped using my macbook for several days. I finally called the 'contact us' below the apple support communities. (Didn't realize it was an option for me.) A tech named Gene called and he saw the looping email when we did the 'share' thing. After trying lots of things, we realized that the mail preferences in my gmail account were not correct. He helped me change them and then were able to delete the looping message. I don't remember messing with the gmail preferences, so we blamed it on 'the little green people. I'm a retired older person so I could have made the changes and not remembered it. Thanks for you help, BDAqua.

Continuous Loop in mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.