Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot rearrange Podcast order iOS 9.1

I like to arrange my podcasts into groups like alternative news, comedy, horror stories, drummer casts etc. I also like to put them into alphabetical order.

The old way, you could just press and hold the podcast and drag it where you wanted to in the order. This doesn't work anymore. When I subscribe to a new podcast, it goes to the top of the list and is stuck there. I have tried going through all the menus and it seems there is no way to move them.

Also, I REALLY liked the old option of larger thumbnail pictures or lists (like we are stuck with now). The larger thumbnail was easier to see for these old eyes, but I can deal with list only if I am able to move them around.

Please fix this, my large podcast list is a disorganized mess! Or...does someone know a fix for this that I'm missing?

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 9:07 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 6:41 PM in response to Fawgmyre

I think you can still rearrange them. (I moved to Overcast a while back, and my Podcast app is currently empty, so I can't really test this.) But I think if you go to the "My Podcasts" pane, you should see all of your podcasts below, right? (Not the episodes - the actual podcast series.) That's the list where you can drag and drop them into different order. Then, if you create a station, you can choose to sort it by "My Podcast" order (I forget the exact term used). But it's a two step process - you need to first order them in the My Podcasts pane, and then create a station set to follow that order. After that, that station should match the order.

I can't offer any help about the view options. For what it's worth, Overcast has a much better interface than the current iteration of Apple's Podcast app, with nice big buttons and thumbnails - much better for when you want to quickly do something, or are working in sunlight, when you know roughly where the button is but may not be able to push the tiny little dot Apple now seems to prefer as an interface. However, Overcast doesn't seem to be as powerful as the Podcast app in terms of sorting and playlists / stations. (At least they still call them "playlists". I still don't know what on earth Apple was thinking with the name "stations.")

Cannot rearrange Podcast order iOS 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.