Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!!

I have been working on an iphoto slide show for the last 3 weeks for a surprise 40th birthday party TOMORROW, last night I tried to play the slideshow through my apple tv to make sure everything looked okay on the TV and I lost a good 200 pictures atleast... alot of them were scanned into my desktop Mac and then I moved them into my macbook through jump drive.. how do I get these photos back? I've been able to get some of them back by going through my email but please dont tell me I have to re scan all of them... I dont have that much time. Also when I look into my imports they dont show up but then when I go into my events in Iphoto it shows me the days I've added the pictures but the actual picture Icon is grey with a palmtree... how do I restore these files and get my pictures back??

iMac, iOS 9.1, Apple tv

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 9:54 AM

1 reply

Nov 19, 2015 11:41 AM in response to courtneyfromaldergrove

There are 9 different versions of iPhoto and they run on 10 different versions of the Operating System. The tricks and tips for dealing with issues vary depending on the version of iPhoto and the version of the OS. So to get help you need to give as much information as you can. Include things like:

- What version of iPhoto.

- What version of the Operating System.

- Details. As full a description of the problem as you can. For example, if you have a problem with exporting, then explain by describing how you are trying to export, and so on.

- History: Is this going on long? Has anything been installed or deleted? - Are there error messages?

- What steps have you tried already to solve the issue.

- Anything unusual about your set up? Or how you use iPhoto?

Anything else you can think of that might help someone understand the problem you have.

Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.