Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playback won't let me set sync to on or adjust tempo

Returning to Mainstage from Ableton I'm exporting audio clips out of Logic X, loading them to Playback and finding that with some of them I have no option to adjust tempo or set Sync to on. The file reads at 29.9bpm when it should be 97.9.

Then I try to save and this is where the problems really begin.

Mainstage often fails to save these files with a Concert. Sometimes, true, it does save them, but with no predictability.

I get millions of 'missing files' messages

Then trying to reload the audio files to Playback I get weird messages about tempo info in the file not being readable by MS?

As far as I can see audio settings between Logic and MS are identical, I've tried using Wav, Aiff, Caf, all with the same results

Arrrrgh, Ableton doesn't look so bad at the mo

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mac Pro, Ensemble Firewire

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 10:54 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2015 4:01 PM in response to byzantine

I discovered the Logic X source-project had three redundant tempo-changes in the tempo-list (changes which didn't actually alter the tempo of the original project).

I thought it might be worth deleting those three and that seems to have solved the issue of the Playback tempo frozen at 29.9 and the sync function being unresponsive. Now the Concert is storing the audio-files correctly

Playback won't let me set sync to on or adjust tempo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.