Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank CD-R Keeps Ejecting (Other Types Are Ok)

Hi. On Boot Camp Window 10, I was burning a .cdi image to a blank CD-R Verbatim (written on the disk are: 52x, 700MB & 80 minutes) using imgBurn app but it had an error something about a track and a mode. It asked something about close to which I clicked "no". It has burned 70MB into the disk and it's not unwritable or closed (90% of the disk wasted in short).

Now, the late-2009 iMac keeps ejecting blank/new CD-Rs of any brand (Sony, Verbatim) but other types are ok and are being mounted: DVD-R, CD-RW. I even got to burn an image onto the CD-RW with contents full. This happens on both OS X El Capitan and Windows 10 64-bit

Strangely when it mounts a CD-R that's full normally without problems.

How can this be fixed? And what happend to it that it only ejects blank CD-R disks (newly bought even)

Thank you in advance.

God bless, Rev. 21:4

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), iMac Late 2009

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 9:17 AM

There are no replies.

Blank CD-R Keeps Ejecting (Other Types Are Ok)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.