Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV 3 not home sharing

My ATV 3 has stopped working on home sharing from itunes, I've got a 2014 macbook running el capitan and tbh I've had nothing but issues with this latest update. All my devices are on the newest software, and both signed into the same apple ID.

I have performed a bunch of sign in/sign outs as well as resetting the apple TV half a dozen times, please just assume I've already reset everything loads, it just won't display videos from itunes on the ATV.

It's really frustrating me because up until a couple of days ago it all worked perfectly.

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 2:59 PM

4 replies

Nov 19, 2015 3:08 PM in response to Dec.KYI

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Security Software Issues

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Nov 19, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Winston Churchill

OK, I found the same post on a fair few other threads relating to similar issues.

And as for whether 'it sounds like' I've tried your suggestions I'm not here for an argument, I'd just like to get my devices working again, which they were only a few days ago.

As for changing the DNS settings when I reset my ATV it already did this and I had exactly the same issues with the Apple approved DNS themselves.

I don't know if the issue may lay with the hardware on the ATV itself, as the issue just seemed to happen over night, and a full hard reset hasn't fixed anything at all.

My network settings and accounts now perfectly match on my ATV and my MBP but my ATV is still telling me to turn on home sharing (which is definitely on).

ATV 3 not home sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.