Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When creating a new contact on iphone 6, at the 'add phone' step the default is 'home fax'! Does anybody still use a fax??? But seriously how do I set the default to mobile rather than having to manually change it every time?

When creating a new contact on iphone 6, at the 'add phone' step the default is 'home fax'! Does anybody still use a fax??? But seriously how do I set the default to mobile rather than having to manually change it every time?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 12:47 AM

Has anyone been able to solve this irritating feature.

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 7:36 AM in response to ebelp

ebelp wrote:

I'd love to know how to change this also. The default phone field being "Home Fax" is ridiculously annoying. The only thing more annoying is the fact that you can't change it. 😠

Oddly enough, mine defaults to 'Home' not 'Home Fax'. And I agree that it would be nice to have an option to change the default phone type. I recommend giving feedback to Apple at www.apple.com/feedback.

Alternatively, what I use is iCloud Contacts at www.cloud.com. There, when I add a new Contact, the default phone type is 'Mobile'. Might be easier to do it that way if you use iCloud Contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.