Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes freezes when ipod connected

when I connect my ipod, the playlists show up on itunes, but then itunes then freezes, any suggestions?

iPod classic (120 GB), Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 7:58 PM

9 replies

Nov 27, 2015 5:01 AM in response to turingtest2

I've done everything reformatted, then scanned for errors, bur then it has a problem syncing everything. And eventually will stop and give an error message, and see on the ipod that it sometimes alternates from saying synchronizing to connected. It appears better to just add a playlist or 2 at a time, Looks like the HD may also be failing although the scan finds no problems. Do the stores still have that battery replacement program where you pay them about 79 bucks and they give you a refurbished ipod?

Nov 27, 2015 6:52 AM in response to bernyx

Those stats don't look too healthy. As long are there are pending sectors you are likely to suffer from freezes, however clearing them out can be a bit hit & miss. A restore ought to do it, but doesn't always. A sure fire method is using a Mac and then Windows again (or vice versa if you normally use a Mac). A few thousand reallocs is OK if the problem isn't getting worse, but chances are that it is. The reallocation system maxes out at 16384. The temperature don't really make sense but may still imply some degree of overheating at some point which won't have done the unit any good.

tt2

itunes freezes when ipod connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.