Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left and Right Arrow Keys Do Not Work

I own a Macbook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011). This morning I updated the software on my laptop to OS X Yosemite and now my left and right arrow keys do not work. The keys worked perfectly fine before I updated the software. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? How do I fix this?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:09 AM

Are they not working within a specific app, perhaps iTunes? I only ask because I had this issue but only in iTunes, and have seen a few other people with it If it is only within iTunes when trying to switch songs using the arrow keys, they have new controls. In iTunes it is cmd and left or right arrow now. Otherwise check your system preferences and restoring your keyboard settings to default.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 9:09 AM in response to pelizabethh

Are they not working within a specific app, perhaps iTunes? I only ask because I had this issue but only in iTunes, and have seen a few other people with it If it is only within iTunes when trying to switch songs using the arrow keys, they have new controls. In iTunes it is cmd and left or right arrow now. Otherwise check your system preferences and restoring your keyboard settings to default.

Left and Right Arrow Keys Do Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.