Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Transition of Keynote function still work with 6.6.1?

Hi, I need some help with my Keynote problem.

I have been making videos for my work using Keynote for last few months.

But since I upgraded to 6.6.1, my 5mins50secs videos become 20 seconds shorter which correlate with the total length of Transition time.

I am not very computer savvy so I am not sure what to do...Near panic!!

I need to create similar videos but it always 20secs short. Is there anyway that I can work around this?

(ex. is there anyway I can get the older version bacK? if so how can I do it?)

(ex. Instead of using Transition, can I use something else?)

(ex. Is apple fixing this problem so I shoudl wait?)

I check the all the animation on the slides and they seem to be ok.

I played two videos next to each others and confirmed that the time differences are happening where Transition suppose to be working.

20sec difference is very big and it changes entire tone of the videos...Any advice will be appreciated.

my computer :

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 8:30 PM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2015 12:58 PM in response to Possop

my 5mins50secs videos become 20 seconds shorter which correlate with the total length of Transition time.

I have no difficulty setting a specific duration for an exported QT file using Keynote 6.6.1 and Yosemite.

Are you saying a Keynote presentation that automatically plays of duration5 minutes 50 seconds, but when exported to Quicktime, the QT file plays for 5minutes 30 seconds?

How are you controlling the presentations timing:

• using transitions and or builds or both to automatically play
  • record slideshow (Play > Record Slideshow)
  • using the QT export dialogue box using the playback set to slideshow or self playing

Nov 22, 2015 7:23 PM in response to Possop

Hi Gary, thank you very much for your reply.

I am sorry that I am not very good at explaining the situation.

I use transitions and builds both for my videos.

Just to check, I exported one of the old keynote file to QT file and compare with the old export duration.

The old QT file is 5minutes50secounds, but the new QT exported file has become 5minutes30seconds.

The exactly same videos became different durations before and after the upgrade.

Do you think I can use Time Machine to get an old version of keynote on my IMac again?

If so, could you please advise how to do this.

Or do you think there is a better way to deal with this situation?

Nov 23, 2015 3:39 AM in response to Possop

Have you checked the following:

does the Keynote presentation (not the QT file) play for 5min 50 or 5min 30 or some other duration?

have you inspected every transition to see if the timing has changed: a 1 second change on each of 20 slides is a 20 second change

User uploaded file

Also you did not answer these questions:

• are you using transitions and or builds to automatically play (red circle above)?
  • are you using a recorded slideshow (Play > Record Slideshow)?
  • which playback option are you using in the QT export dialogue box: slideshow or self playing?

Does Transition of Keynote function still work with 6.6.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.