Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eye TV AppleScript

Hy, i need help to write an applescript to check if EyeTv is recording or no. because in one case i will do something in the other something other.

thank you

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 1:55 AM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2015 4:07 AM in response to albertoantenucci

EyeTV 3 has a scripting dictionary which you can find via the File menu in AppleScript/Script Editor. It also comes with triggered scripts which are described on page 56 of the EyeTV 3 software manual (PDF). Unfortunately, since this is $80USD software, and requires an activation key. Only someone that has it installed and hence, has access to the scripting dictionary can help you. I don't have the software. EyeTV Lite has been discontinued as it no longer worked with Yosemite.

Nov 20, 2015 6:25 AM in response to albertoantenucci

Actually, what you need is included with the El Gato EyeTV 3 software. One of the included triggers, RecordingStarted can be used to display a dialog, or even speak that recording has started. Here is some EyeTV 3 AppleScript trigger usage. You will need to check the following against the EyeTV 3 AppleScript scripting definitions. I put this script together from pieces of the code shown in the link above.

tell application "EyeTV"

activate

set newrecording to (recordingID as integer)

set isshow to get the title of recording id newrecording

if RecordingStarted(newrecording) then

dialog "Recording has started for " & isshow

-- say "Recording has started for " & isshow

end if

end tell

return

on RecordingStarted(arecordingID)

return (true as boolean)

end RecordingStarted

Eye TV AppleScript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.