Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to IOS 9.1 and now iBooks takes up ALL my storage

My 64gb iPad 4 (the first Retina one) was updated recently to IOS 9.1 and soon afterwards I got a message saying that my storage was nearly full so thinking little of it I deleted a load of games and apps I no longer use which freed up a decent chunk of storage but noted that iBooks was taking up around 13gb of space although I didn't think much of it at the time.

I seem to remember thinking there was 10-11 gb freed up by deleting apps and games I wasn't using.

Not long after I got the same message again, so I went back into my apps to see what was causing the problem and found iBooks was now taking up nearly 24gb of space... I had a few books on there that took up very little space (iBooks is under 2gb on my iPhone 6 and it has the same books in it) before I updated to IOS 9.1 but I deleted these books just incase it was something to do with that. This seemed to free a little storage but then soon after that I got the same message yet again. Now iBooks has taken up every single byte of free space on my iPad and I don't know why. Is there something that's broken iBooks in IOS 9.1? I'd noted that everything seemed to be running more slowly after I updated to IOS 9.1 if that helps (suggesting to me that it was busy downloading something in the background possibly?)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

iPad, iOS 9.1, iPad 4

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:18 AM

It's ok, managed to fix it myself after trying a bunch of things over the last few days. Turns out that clicking 'revert' in iTunes once I'd connected the iPad eventually sorted it out. Not sure how but it did. Thanks for all the helpful pointers! 😀

1 reply

Updated to IOS 9.1 and now iBooks takes up ALL my storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.