Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering line across entire screen (video attached!)

What on earht would cause this, its happening daily now in random places, minmizing the program then reopening it seems to make it go away.

User uploaded filehttp://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1104828487.gif

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 4:21 AM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2015 2:19 AM in response to aaronspence

aaronspence wrote:

Hi there,

This is on a Mac mini (Late 2012) running Yosemite. We actually have 4 or 5 in the office and it's happening on atleast 4 of them.

There have been cases in the past of some Mac models having issues with the built-in video card/chip however I do not recall this ever applying to a Mac mini model - usually it has been MacBook Pro or iMac models. So as you say this is happening on multiple Mac minis I would tend to rule out hardware.

This leaves software, you don't say what version of OS X you are running, is this the same on all of the affected ones? If you are running Yosemite you want to be on 10.10.5.

I would look at what software you have on all your Mac minis particularly all the affected ones and try and identity a commonality. Are the affected ones all running the same version of a third-party program? If an identical Mac mini is not having this problem what software difference is there? Or is that other unaffected Mac mini actually a different model?

Flickering line across entire screen (video attached!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.