Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I restore OSX 10.7 AFTER A SNOW LEOPARD RE-INSTALL?

Hi All, I have recently replaced the hard drive in my Macbook pro 15" successfully. However, I did have OSX 10.7 but I had to re-install snow leopard ( OSX 10.6.3 that came with the macbook pro when I purchased it. I did back up everything before hand , and I have been using Time Machine ever since... but, how do I restore 10.7 again? Do I have to purchase it all again? Or can I use Time Machine to re-instate it.? (I hope so! ) Thanks.

p.s. I do have the license and password for the OSX 10.7. from an email sent to me, but how does that help.?

p.p.s I have updated to OSX 10.6.8 from 'Software Update'.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2015 2:48 AM

You can download 10.7.5 via the App Store under the Purchases tab or the Redeem link.

6 replies

Nov 23, 2015 2:54 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

This did not work because I apparently have not purchased anything before now. (?)

I followed the instructions .... Go to app store click on purchases and then a dialogue says 'You have not purchased anything'

I have the email receipt and license no.

I am wondering if I can go to my back-up disk and restore it from there using Time Machine....( which is new to me as far as

restoring anything from there ). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Nov 25, 2015 10:14 AM in response to a brody

Hi All and thanks for everyone suggestions.

Once I calmed down a little, I remembered that I called Apple and spoke to a support person because I was expecting a DVD install of

OSX 10.7 in the post. Long story short…. They downloaded it direct to my desktop with remote access or something. That is why I could not find a "redeem" code and also why the App store said I have not purchased anything. (Duhh!)

I ended up copying it ( OSX 10.7.5) back from my ext. HDD with Time machine and re-installed it from there. All is O.K.

So sorry if I led anyone astray and again many thanks for your support.

how do I restore OSX 10.7 AFTER A SNOW LEOPARD RE-INSTALL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.