Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I convert HEVC h.265 to a Prores format?

I just purchased a Samsung NX1 and want to edit the video footage I shot in FCPX. I shot in the pro (highest) quality mode and the camera uses the h.265 codec internally. Options?

This dslr is now a year old so I figured there would be native import support in FCPX

Compessor doesn't offer conversion to a Prores format?

I might use something free like Handbrake to convert to h.264 but that means extra time and generational compression I would like to avoid.

What can I convert (or rewrap) to for highest quality? Then I'll just use proxy in FCPX...

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 11:37 AM

Sorry, but neither FCP X nor Compressor will open H.265. I would imagine that ffmpeg would. If you haven't used it before there is a front end for the software, which ishere, and there is a trial download available so you can test it.

David Brewer, who often contributes to these forums, seems to keep up with H.265 developments. Perhaps he will chime in with better info.

Good luck.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2015 11:37 AM in response to jefbak

Sorry, but neither FCP X nor Compressor will open H.265. I would imagine that ffmpeg would. If you haven't used it before there is a front end for the software, which ishere, and there is a trial download available so you can test it.

David Brewer, who often contributes to these forums, seems to keep up with H.265 developments. Perhaps he will chime in with better info.

Good luck.

Russ

Nov 20, 2015 8:57 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks and I do hope to hear from Russ and any tips he may have. I also use Adobe CC and it appears the next update to Premiere and media encoder are supporting HEVC, so I will have that option at least although I much prefer to edit in FCPX...

I gotta say from a bang for the buck perspectiv, the NX1 UHD and 1080P60 footage (with firmware 1.4) looks amazing! Now I just need to edit it or invest in an external monitor/recorder like SmallHD or Atmos, but that gets pricey and bulky for my work.

How do I convert HEVC h.265 to a Prores format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.