Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 - iCloud Update Installation Error 2343

I, and many other users, have been unable to update, uninstall, or reinstall iCloud on a Windows 10 PC for several months. There are at least six other Apple Community threads active on this issue. Windows 10 reports a cryptic error (2343), probably related to a registry conflict. Can someone at Apple please take the lead on this?

iPad, iOS 8, Maps units problem

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 9:46 AM

UPDATE: The installation Error 2343 is due to iCloud 5.0 incompatibility with MS Outlook 2016. iCloud 5.0 will likely not install, if you have Outlook 2016 installed on your Windows 10 platform,. The prior iCloud version (4.0?) installed on my PC seems to be compatible with Outlook 2016. Both Apple and Microsoft are aware of the issue. After speaking to a technician at Apple Support, I learned that an iCloud update will be released soon to resolve the issue. Patience, in this situation, is likely the best interim remedy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2015 9:46 AM in response to pjstarich

UPDATE: The installation Error 2343 is due to iCloud 5.0 incompatibility with MS Outlook 2016. iCloud 5.0 will likely not install, if you have Outlook 2016 installed on your Windows 10 platform,. The prior iCloud version (4.0?) installed on my PC seems to be compatible with Outlook 2016. Both Apple and Microsoft are aware of the issue. After speaking to a technician at Apple Support, I learned that an iCloud update will be released soon to resolve the issue. Patience, in this situation, is likely the best interim remedy.

Windows 10 - iCloud Update Installation Error 2343

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.