Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and iPhone can't find printer.

Our iPads and iPhones can't find both of our networked printers. They can find the HP LaserJet, but not the Epson Workforce 545, supposedly an "AirPrint" printer. Previously these same devices could print to the printers easily. Using 9.1 on all devices. All are on the same network.

I have installed updated software on the printer, restarted everything... etc.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2015 5:33 PM

Hi

If your printer has a touch screen go to settings enter your router name & your wireless key .

Cheers

Brian

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 1:10 AM in response to Briansyddall

I was also having issue with my Epson WorkForce 545 and AirPrint using my iPhone 5s running iOS 9. Tried switching from my iPhones 5gHz WiFi frequency to 2.4gHz like the Epson but nothing.

What did work was going to my PC to find out my routers name like Briansyddall mentioned. This was vital yet only half of the solution.

On my PC I opened up a Windows Command Prompt and typed in:

ipconfig /allcompartments /all

The last line in the first section of network information results should read

"DNS Suffix Search List" or the first line of the next section should say

"Connection-specific DNS Suffix". This is where I found my routers name. In my case

fios-router.home

From here I opened up a web browser on my PC and typed in the IP address of my Epson 545. Printing your Network Settings under the printer Setup menu will indicate what your printers IP address is (be sure to also copy down the printer name exactly as it reads on the printout). In my case:

http://192.168.1.150 and "my545".

Connect from your PC to the Epson via a web browser and the printers IP address. You should see 4 or 5 options. Among them is

AirPrint Setup. Click it. Under

"Bonjour Service Name" leave the default printer name (Epson WorkForce 545) alone unless you personalized the printer name during initial Setup of the printer like I did; therefore in my instance I typed "my545". The next field is key:

"Bonjour Location" means "router name" as described above! Type it in!

AirPrint SetUp Complete!

iPad and iPhone can't find printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.