Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Senior moment..... I need 'authorise computer' explanation please

Hi,

Can someone straighten out my confusion over differences between Account Computer Authorisation and Manage Devices?

As you can see in the picture below I have somehow authorised 5 computers, probably because of wiping my hard disc a couple of times without Unauthorising first. You can also see 3 devices are associated in the Cloud.

ISSUE

I want to reset everything so that I start afresh and have the following devices working with iTunes

ME:

My PC ; My iPad mini; My iPhone 3GS, My Apple TV3; (Possibly adding the new Apple TV in January and giving the ATV3 to my son to use in his room)

MY SON

My son's iPAD; (plus my existing ATV3 as above)

MY DAUGHTER

My Daughter's iPAD mini

SUMMARY

Before I start unauthorising everything and adding anew, could someone explain what I need to do and also avoid, plus what pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks

FlobbyBlob

User uploaded file

Windows 10, Latest itunes version

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 8:36 AM

You can use the Deauthorize All button to clear all existing computer authorizations. Then reauthorize the computers that you want to have access to your protected content. Apple devices such as iPads, iPhones and Apple TV are not affected by this. You won't be able to use the feature again for a year.

tt2

3 replies

Senior moment..... I need 'authorise computer' explanation please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.