Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple news app is frozen

My Apple News app froze last evening on my iPad Air 2 using iOS9. I have completed the smart restart & turned on & off several times. App is still frozen. App is working fine on my iPhone 6s Plus with iOS9. Has anyone else had this issue?

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, over 24 hrs

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2015 4:56 PM

I just went to Settings & turned OFF Background App Refresh & it started working!

4 replies

Nov 25, 2015 2:16 PM in response to marthas694

I have posted also about this problem. I thought I had it resolved by turning off iCloud saving for this app as was suggested to me by another poster. That worked for a while but within a few days the app was frozen again. I suspect that the same will happen here with this fix. I tried it and it did nothing even with a restart. I think there is something wrong with the app that it freezes for so many people. It is too bad because I really enjoyed it. I will have to look elsewhere for a good news summary app.

my apple news app is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.